WOODSmith Construction Group are looking for a full-time construction based Junior Quantity Surveyor to join our growing team across North Yorkshire. We’re looking for a hardworking, driven and passionate candidate to join our team as we get set for further growth in 2022. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our fast paced growing company that can provide progression opportunities for the right candidate.
Are you a Quantity Surveyor Graduate who is looking for an exciting challenge? If you answered yes, then look no further, a role at WOODSmith Construction Group is just what you are looking for.
The Junior Quantity Surveyor, working as part of a team will assist the Quantity Surveyor, Project Managers and Commercial Managers on all commercial and residential aspects of construction projects.
As a Junior Quantity Surveyor, you will work closely with the Senior Quantity Surveyor and other stakeholders to ensure that all projects are delivered on time and within budget. You will be responsible for managing the day to day quantity surveying requirements allocated to ensure they are carried out diligently and accurately.
The role will involve you covering multiple projects with on-site visits and travel across the Northeast of England.
The ideal candidate will be a recent Quantity Surveyor graduate looking to develop their skills through on-the-job training and have a passion for pursuing a career within Quantity Surveying.
Main duties and key result areas:
This will include, but not limited to the following duties:
Draw up detailed net cost pricing structure documents for Labour, Material, Plant & Sub Contactor prices.
- Formulation of Invitation to Tender documents to enable Subcontract trade prices for all elements.
- Create schedule of rates for residential refurbishments and reporting back to the Senior Quantity Surveyor & Project Manager.
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
- Perform risk, value management and cost control.
- Prepare tender and contracts documents, including bills of quantities.
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Allocate work to subcontractors.
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports.
- Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies.
- Prepare and analyse costings for tenders.
- Research materials, equipment, plant and labour costs.
- Assist in cost monitoring of site resources.
- Collect quotes from materials suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Help with bids for new contracts.
- Inputting and outputting data into established MS Excel estimating spreadsheets.
If you would like an informal discussion regarding the roles please contact the recruitment team on 01287 658171. If you would like to apply for the role, please send us your up to date CV and covering letter telling us why you would be a great fit for this role.