WOODSmith Construction Group are looking for a full-time construction based Estimator to join our growing team across North Yorkshire. We’re looking for a hardworking, driven and passionate candidate to join our team as we get set for further growth in 2022. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our fast paced growing company that can provide progression opportunities for the right candidate.
Are you an experienced Construction based Estimator who is looking for a new, exciting challenge? If you answered yes, then look no further, a role at WOODSmith Construction Group is just what you are looking for.
The Construction Based Estimator maps out all of the human and material resources needed for building developments. Construction estimators then use these predictions to determine the projected cost of each endeavour.
You will obtain all relevant project specifications, determine the most appropriate building materials, and secure favourable prices on all resources. You should also inspect trends in construction to determine whether your estimates are both reasonable and competitive.
To ensure success as a Construction Based Estimator you will be able to translate project requirements into concrete figures with ease and adhere to financial constraints without compromising on our high standards.
We are looking for someone who has vast experience in the role and be willing to continue to learn and develop their skills. With extensive knowledge in the construction industry you will be willing to travel across the North of England from your base.
Main duties and key result areas:
This will include, but not limited to the following duties:
- Preparation of Contractors Bill of Quantities to enable formulation of tender bid proposal
- Draw up detailed net cost pricing structure documents for Labour, Material, Plant and SC prices.
- Formulation of Invitation to Tender documents to enable Subcontract Trade prices for all elements
- Engage with key supply chain during the tender process and hold face to face meetings to ascertain robust work package costing including all compliance and conditioning adjustment.
- Engage with the team and Design Manager to understand operational methodology and sequence parameters which need to be integrated into the pricing across all components of the tender.
- Responsible for maximising tender margin.
- Collect all pertinent documents – property plans, technical drawings, & project specifications.
- Studying documentation, meet with clients, and inspect the construction site to fully understand what work is required.
- Decide on the most appropriate human and material resources for each project.
- Obtain multiple quotes for each of these and then select the most suitable offers.
- Negotiate with service providers to secure better prices.
- Outline the work plan to gauge how much time will be needed to complete each development.
- Account for the use of our resources, plus a reasonable profit margin to calculate a price.
- Draft proposals that detail envisaged materials, costs, and time frames.
- Meet with clients to discuss their thoughts and concerns about our offers.
If you would like an informal discussion regarding the roles available then please contact the recruitment team on 01287 658171. If you would like to apply for the role, please send us your up to date CV and covering letter telling us why you would be a great fit for this role.